Thursday, February 9, 2012

The grass is always greener...

It's so easy for me to get caught up in all the things I think are going wrong in my life. And then I start looking at everyone around me, who seemingly have the things I don't, and assume life is a bowl of cherries for them.

I had a little "aha" moment last weekend. I was talking with a friend (she & her hubby have a pretty good life going, and it would be easy to assume all is fab). Anyway, we were talking about her husband and she was saying he wasn't thrilled with his job or where he was at in life (happy with her, but not his career & social life). Anyway, I look at him and think, "You're making great money, you have a solid job, you love your wife...life is grand." But HE'S in the situation and still not fully happy.

While I wasn't happy to hear that he's feeling that way, I will say it gave me some much needed perspective. Just because I'm not married and don't have children (two things I really want) doesn't mean there aren't some pretty good things happening in my life.

We all have areas of our lives that aren't going the way we hoped or planned. It doesn't matter who has what, everyone's got their thing that bums them out. It's not like I didn't know this...but this was a good reminder.

Now, don't worry, I haven't turned into Sally Sunshine. But, I'm doing my best to enter 2012 with positivity and a better outlook. Last year was a such a mess, and this year can only get better!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had that perspective from your friend. Being single is harder if you specifically want children and marriage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete