Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Potential set-up...that I almost never heard about

So, while I was visiting my friend, we FaceTimed her sister-in-law (whom I've met).  Anyway, I find out that she's had a guy in mind to set me up with.  This was the FIRST I'd heard of it (but my friend has known about it).

Now, I'm not trying to overreact or anything...but it escapes me why my friend hadn't ever mentioned it to me.  I asked her and she said she wasn't sure how I'd feel about it with all the other set-ups I've been on...  OK, that's true.  But she ALSO knows how much I want to meet someone, get married, and have kids (and how the kids thing is getting less and less likely).  So, why wouldn't she at least ASK me if I have any interest?  I don't understand. 

I'm not angry about it or anything, but it makes me wonder how long her sister-in-law has had this guy in mind...and whether it's even a possiblity anymore.  Now, I don't know much about him, but I would at least like to entertain the possibility.

So, rather than waiting for my friend to say something, I messaged her sister-in-law on FB and asked her about it.  We'll see if she responds and if anything comes of it. 

It's not that I expect my friend to put my love life as a priority - because #1) that is stupid; #2)  she has other things at the top of her list, understandably.  But, I guess I'm just a little irritated that she didn't even attempt to pursue it or discuss it with me.  I'm sure I'm being oversensitive and overreacting, but still. 

And yeah, this potential set-up could totally turn out to be nothing or not work out.  But, it's not like I'm loaded down with dates right now...so I guess I'd rather see if there's any potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment