Friday, August 12, 2011

More bad luck and ewwwww...

Well, just when I thought my luck couldn't get worse, it did.

I went for a run on the local trail yesterday. I had already run on it twice this week, with no issues. I should also note that I've run this trail hundreds of times and not once had an incident.

Cut to yesterday afternoon...

I took off and was enjoying my run. About a mile and a half into my run, I came to an underpass, where I saw a guy hanging out there. My gut instinct told me he was suspicious, but he wasn't doing anything at that time. Heck, even after I passed him, I said (to myself), "I hope he's not a rapist." Then I felt pretty stupid and continued on my way.

I turned around after 3 miles and headed back. By this time, I'd pretty much forgotten about suspicious guy. Well, I rounded a bridge, and was running a straightaway, toward the previously mentioned underpass.

When I got there, the SAME guy was sitting in the same spot, only he was completely exposed on his lower half and he was jacking off (for lack of a better word). He was smiling right at me. I did a double take, as I was completely shocked. Once he knew I saw what he was doing, and after I passed him, he got up.

I thought he got up to chase after me and I was scared out of my mind. I kept looking behind me for the rest of my run, pretty freaked out.

As I was on my way back, I saw several kids on bikes, headed in that guy's direction. Ugh.

I called the non-emergency police when I was done. They immediately dispatched officers to the location and sent a sergeant over to speak with me. Based on my description, they think they know who it is, so that is good.

Needless to say, that pretty much wrecked what was left of my afternoon/evening. I've heard of things like this happening, but never experienced it. It was awful. It was scary. It was disgusting.

It's unfortunate that we live in a world where people do things like this, for no apparent reason.

By the way, the sergeant said that mine was the FIRST report of indecent exposure (in our area) this year! Um, I'm honored? No!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gross!! Sorry you had to experience this :(

    ReplyDelete