Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ewwww...

So, last night, I'm on the couch, watching TV and relaxing.


Out of nowhere, a spider is on my carpet, quickly moving toward me. He. Was. HUGE.

Don't believe me?




All I could think was, "What the heck am I going to do?" Yes, I've killed numerous bugs & spiders before, but they were much smaller than this guy.

And then the worse thought, "What if I don't catch him...and he's just IN the house now, somewhere, waiting..."

After some very heavy breathing and a few freak-outs, I grabbed an old running shoe and clobbered him. But it wasn't over. I still have to pick him up and get him to the toilet, to be flushed into oblivion.

I grabbed a wad of toilet paper, that can only be described as a full roll of toilet paper, and went back to the scene of the crime.

I grabbed him, tossed him in the toilet, flushed, and proceeded to jump up and down in a freaked out, full on panic.

My new fear is that his family is still residing somewhere/various places in my home. That should keep me up at night for a while.

I realize I shouldn't want a man in my life solely for the purpose of being the bug/spider killer, but I really could have used a guy last night. I've been doing this stuff on my own for a long time now - and I still freak out. I'm never going to be the girl that is all, "Oh, no biggie...let me just grab that and take care of it..." No. I'm going to be the girly girl, freaking out, jumping up and down, clapping my hands in a tizzy. That is me...whether I'm killing the bug or I'm watching my fella (if only!) take care of it for me.

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ Spiderman's family. That guy was huge though. Where I live there tend to be a lot of spiders too, but they stay on the windows which is fine by me.

    ReplyDelete