Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What would you do?

OK, so my cute date from the weekend - we'll call him "PB," is now back home...which is nearly 1,000 miles from where I live.

We had dinner at my friend's house Monday night, which was good. And then he drove me home and walked me to my door. I honestly felt like neither of us knew what to say. I mean, clearly there is interest on both sides...otherwise, why spend time alone together and go on dates - when you're only in town a few days?

So, he said something about being friends on Facebook and then kissed me on the cheek and gave me a hug (he's a great hugger, by the way). I told him it was great to meet him and that I had fun.

Now, I already said I'm fine if what it was is what it was. Really, I am. I mean, it sucks in the sense that I finally met someone who has a lot of the things I look for, and he lives far away. But, I can appreciate it as it is.

But I also get the sense that he was attracted to me...and wonder if he would be interested in something more?

So now I'm just not sure if there is really anything I should do next. I mean, should I text/call him, just to say hi? Or should I wait and see if he makes any contact? Or should I just acknowledge that it was a little fling and be done with it?

THIS is the part of dating that I absolutely abhor. I hate the wondering and uncertainty. If he lived here...or even an hour away, I wouldn't have any of these questions. I'd know that I could text/call him and it wouldn't be weird. I assume we'd have gone out on more dates.

But, he doesn't live here...so I'm in a quandary about what to do. So, I open it up to my readers. Guide me!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had such a great weekend! Woo hoo!

    I definitely think that you should keep in touch with him, after all, you never know when he'll swing into town again :)

    And I am not one of those women who follow "the rules" by letting a man call/contact them first. I say you text him telling him that you hope he got home okay and thank him for an enjoyable weekend. Simple and straight forward.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! I did shoot him a quick text last week, and he replied. But, not much else has come of it. Never hurts to try, though!

    ReplyDelete