Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Year, New Hope?

I'm behind on posts...and actually feel like I've got about 4-5 posts I could do, if I had time! Anyway, I'll get to those soon.

Today's post is all about positivity. I just celebrated a birthday last weekend. And, while last year's birthday (being so close to my dad's passing) was pretty much sucky, this year was fab. I wasn't really dreading it, even though I do get a bit down when a year passes with no change in my single status...

I slept in, awoke to wonderful posts on my FB page, and a text from family telling me to enjoy my massage appointment they'd made for me at a local spa. Very nice. Not to mention the countless lunches/dinners/cards & gifts throughout the days surrounding my bday.

I went out the night of my birthday and again the next night - had a blast both times! Anyway, it was a few days filled with fun, laughing, and good friends.

So far, 2012 is off to a great start! I'm making some positive financial changes, angling to make changes in my job, and training for another marathon (even ran a 20 miler over the weekend).

Now, I know I need to figure something out as far as dating goes, but I haven't got any bright ideas on that yet. I am sick of blind dates, don't particularly like online, and most everyone I know is married. So...I'm letting that marinate for now.

I feel very blessed to have the best friends on the planet and to have had a wonderful bday. It gives me hope that this could be a really great year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I feel good things for us this year. It may not necessarily revolve around romantic love, but it will put us in a good place :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Yes, THIS has got to be our year! Good things for us, YAY!

      Delete