Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving is ON

There are no exclamation points, because I'm not all that excited about it.   I spent several hours crying last week...some of them at my desk, which is the worst.  You're trying to be silent and dry up the tears so no one notices that you are basically sobbing. 

My sibling graced me with their response on Monday afternoon.  Now, if you read the last post, you'll note that they said they'd let me know by the end of the week (which would have been 11/16ish.  But nothing.  Must have really needed those extra few days to confirm this HUGE decision. 

They are coming.  So, I now get to pay for and cook a meal for someone who truly treats me like crap.  Yes, I'm glad the kids will be there, my mom, and my in-law.  But my sibling is the worst.  And now all of their emails are super nicey nice, "can we make anything and bring it?," "anything we can do to make it easier for you?" 

Um, NO.  You could treat me like a human being...let's start there.

To be honest, I still feel like total crap and have about 1% interest in the holidays this year.  I do have some perspective, and I realize that everyone has issues in their family.  I highly doubt that any family gets along perfectly, all the time.  However, I feel like it's harder to deal with stuff like this when you are single.  For example, if I were married or had a boyfriend, and my sibling said they weren't coming for Thanksgiving, I'd still be upset, but my spouse and I would probably do our own thing, which would be fine.  Again, I'd have someone in it with me.  I wouldn't be alone.

This whole "being the only single person" thing is old.  Notice I didn't say getting old.  It's just old.  I'm sick of it.  I've been sick of it.  For a while.    

At least it's nearly time for Christmas music, I do still have interest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment