Saturday, January 4, 2014

More irritations with online dating...

Oh yeah...I've thought of a few more.  (Really, it's not hard to think of things that suck about online dating.)

I really really really really really really really really hate that people can see when you've viewed them (and vice versa).  Ya know why?  Because, again, in REAL life, you may not even notice if someone at the bar/event/social event/race is looking at you.  Which, isn't a bad thing.  You don't need to know about EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has looked at you.  Ick. 

So, if I look at someone's profile...and do nothing, they see that I looked at their profile.  And for some reason, that encourages them...and then they either "like" me, "wink" at me, "favorite" me, or message me.  All of which are things I do NOT want that particular person to do.  Ya know, because after viewing their profile, I wasn't interested.  Which is WHY I didn't contact them in any way.

OK, here's another thing that bothers me.  I am in my mid-thirties.  And my profile shows that I'm looking for someone also in their thirties...up to forty.  And yes, I'm aware I may need to expand that age range.  I get it.  But, for now, that's the range I've chosen.  Being the age I am, I guess, I don't feel too interested in men over fricking 50.  Dear.  God.  I've had several men like, wink, message me that are over 50.  WHY they think it's appropriate, I don't know.  I'm not saying they're ridiculously older, but they're enough older that it grosses me out. 

And the last thing (for now) that is also annoying me is the messages.  Some are lame, but yes, some aren't that bad.  Unfortunately, I'm not interested in most of them.  Do I have to respond to every single message sent to me?  I don't want to be a jerk, but I feel so awkward corresponding like this...especially if it's to tell them I'm not interested. 

Overall, I hate it.  I know I'm completely negative about it, but seriously - it is so unnatural to me.  I would so rather meet someone in LIFE and have it happen organically, than online.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment