Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Excellent read!

I stumbled onto this book on Amazon a few weeks ago.  It's a quick read and I found it to be very therapeutic.  I highly recommend! 

Sara Eckel also has a website, which is also pretty great. 

In this time of complete frustration with my single-ness, this book gave me a boost.  It doesn't promise to give you tools on HOW to find your mate, but it completely calls out every single stupid thing anyone has ever said to you about your being single. 

And that, my friends, is total validation.  I've always known other people are hearing the same stupid comments I am, but since I have next to zero single friends, it's easy for me to feel like I'm the ONLY one hearing this stuff. 

Thank you, Sara, for giving me a much needed boost and validating all the frustration I'm feeling. 

1 comment:

  1. I need to get that book. I'm with you, I'm the only one out of my family and friends to still be single. When my last sibling got married, everyone came up to me and said "you're next", I swear every single person said that. I'm going to start saying that to people at funerals. I feel your pain, girl.

    ReplyDelete