Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Online dating. You are still stupid.

Well, I ditched my Match subscription once it expired, as I encountered old guys, inappropriate guys, weird guys, or no guys.  Waste.  Of.  Money. 

So, I was reading my fellow blogger's post yesterday, which nudged me to renew with eHarmony - which I haven't been on in YEARS.  Like, I can't remember when I was last on that site.  (And I absolutely hated it when I was on it.)  But, at $28.65 for 3 months, I thought, "Hey, I'm going to give it a try.  Because, you know what they say.  Ya NEVER know." 

Well, folks.  Ya DO know.  Ya DO. 

I got everything updated, including new pics, age range, other profile updates, etc.  And then I clicked on "find matches."  Now, I had the distance set to 120 miles from my zip code, which I thought was pretty fair.  Do you know how many matches came up? 

None.

Zero.

Nada.

When I changed the distance to 300+ miles, that's when matches pulled up.  Um, who the FRICK is going to drive 300 miles to meet a total stranger?  Not this girl.  And no, that does NOT mean I don't want a relationship bad enough.  It means, the only time I drive 300+ miles is to see someone I really care about (friends/family) and know well or for a special event. 

Let's say I did travel 300 miles to meet Mr. Wonderful.  I ask you - how the frick would that relationship be able to develop?  I don't get it.  Maybe I'm being too rigid, but I just don't think that's very realistic.

I mean, my profile isn't that specific, as to what I am looking for.  Not to the point that there are literally no matches within 50 miles of me.  I mean, seriously. 

Also, most of the guys I've clicked on are 5'9" or shorter.  Ugh.

So, I'll stay with it for the 3 months, but I honestly feel beat up.  I keep being encouraged to pursue online dating or give it another try.  And now, with a very fragile heart, I'm doing it - and getting nowhere.  Very discouraging.  And there are no set-ups on the horizon, either.  Double ugh. 

Being single - living the dream! 

4 comments:

  1. I think eHarmony is a complete sham. They can't match me AT ALL. Like in the world. I get a warning message that comes up and apologizes to me

    http://heartsformonsters.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/screen-shot-2014-01-21-at-11-09-40-pm1.png

    I can't even get to my profile on eHarmony to change my location to see if that helps. I think they only ever have, like, 10 people per age group who sign up per region and they just recycle those matches until someone is like "OMG EHARMONY TOTALLY WORKED FOR M"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you! Very frustrating and the reason that I constantly tell people online dating is a waste of money to me.

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog, and wanted to say Thank You! I've been in a funk lately, and it's hard talking to friends/family about it without feeling like a bitter spinster. I feel like I'm reading my life story in your blog.
    As sucky as I feel, it is nice to know someone gets it.
    Keep being awesome, and know that you are not alone out there in your rants and frustrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, @madscientist! You just made my day with your kind comments. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my rants and random thoughts. ;-) You're not alone, either, and hopefully our situations will change for the better, someday soon!

      Delete