Friday, July 25, 2014

I don't get it...

OK, let's start with a positive.  I moved into my new home and I absolutely LOVE it!  I'm excited to get fully unpacked/organized/settled.  And I'm also excited for all the fun projects I have planned.  So far, so good! 

Now, on to the point of my post.  I've noticed, via Facebook, that several people I know - who have recently divorced - are ALREADY with someone.  What the frick?  Seeing that makes me feel like total crap. 

*  Friend who cheated while married - got pregnant by the guy she cheated with, divorced her husband, and is now MARRIED to the father of the baby.
*  Friend who cheated while married - have seen pics of her on FB with her fella, doing all sorts of fun things.
*  The above friend's ex husband - have seen pics of him with his new girlfriend, and pics of his trip to visit her.
*  Friend whose husband went a little crazy - they divorced, but I'm not so sure she didn't also cheat during all of that.  Either way, she's already dating a guy and I see pics of them all over FB.

WHAT am I doing wrong?  Seriously.  These people have already moved on and are dating/married to others?  And I've been trying for decades with little to no success? 

For lack of a more mature way to put it, "IT'S NOT FAIR!" 

Anyway, I'm trying to focus on all the excitement of my new house, but this does have me a bit down.  I have no clue why I can't find someone, but these people, who made some really poor choices, can find multiple people! 

And yes, I know that sounds holier than thou and very judgmental.  I'm not saying that if you cheat, you should never find happiness again.  I'm simply saying that it seems a bit unfair that after making that type of choice, you get "rewarded" with a significant other right away. 

Meanwhile, I'm over here (not perfect) trying to make good decisions...and I get nothing. 

8 comments:

  1. I have been single for a long time as well. I always feel being single is when you do not find a good group of people to call friends. That is a theory that is not as true as you are not meeting people who love the hell out of you. they are out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Balance! Appreciate you reading and the support!

      Delete
  2. I don't get the bouncing in and out of relationships thing either. (just been bounced for a younger model....). I guess all I can say is that 99.9% of the time it doesn't work out. but that's cold comfort when you're the one with the cold and no comfort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I totally agree with you and let's hope our guys are out there and worth the wait!

      Delete
  3. Well it's Saturday at 4pm and I'm going crazy after deciding to go out last night after a year of staying away from the bar scene. I just thought maybe I should try and meet someone and maybe be do it the "old fashion way"..lol Well not one person in the place I wanted to approach and could care less about being surrounded by drunk people while i'm sipping water..haha Anyway I thought maybe I should write a blog since i'm in my mid or actually late 30's since I turned 37 a week ago. I actually found I did try writing a blog back in 2011 but I guess I forgot about it and the blog wasn't about being single. Anyway back to why i'm writing a comment. I did a google search about being single and come across yours. Well I could almost copy your blog and not have to write my own experience since your experience is mine..lol I started going through your blogs and really enjoyed reading them but yet it mad me feel sad because It just reassured me where I am in the relationship life or lack of. I see you haven't wrote in some time on this blog and hope to see more. Heck, maybe I will blog my own experiences about being single except it will be from a guys point of view. Please continue with your blog :) but I guess I should hope you don't have to continue since that would mean you are no longer in this situation....IDK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim! Thanks for your very kind comment and honesty. It always makes my day when someone shares that my blog has impacted them or resonated with them in some way.

      Things have been crazy busy lately, so that's the only reason I haven't blogged in a while. I'm so glad I started this blog, because it's assured me that I'm not alone and that the feelings I have are valid. My hope is that all of my single readers find the love they deserve!

      Delete
  4. I have been in a relationship for a long time, but I just want to say it takes a lot not to easily fall for someone just because someone is lonely. I envy you because you are a strong and very independent woman. I happened to have been searching through blogs on the internet and your blog is very interesting to read. Anyways, Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! What a nice thing to say and I hope it means I'll meet a good guy who can handle my indepenence. ;-) Glad you like my blog and thanks for the house congrats!

      Delete