Monday, November 29, 2010

Out of control...

So, did any of YOU overeat over the last few days? I'm not only referring to Thanksgiving, but the long weekend that followed.

All I can say, is that I have got to get things under some sort of control.

I hadn't been on the scale for a while, but finally risked it yesterday. Phew! No major damage was done. (This might be due to the 20+ mile run I did on Saturday.)

But, I have a few pounds that have taken up residence in my backside and, apparently, don't want to go anywhere. And I can prove this. My pants are all tight in ONE area and ONE area only - the BUTT! Literally, everything else on my body is the same.

We're not talking a full pants size bigger, but the super fun "in between two sizes" situation. This is even more irritating!

Ya see, my issue is not lack of committment to exercise. I am usually training for marathons, so I spend at least 6-7 hours a week working out/running. For the most part, I enjoy exercise. I feel better while and after I do it. I know it keeps me healthy, too.

My issue IS food, specifically - sweets! I love anything with sugar, chocolate, gooey goodness - you name it! And I'm not the girl that can have one little bite and be fine. No, I have to have seconds, thirds, etc. And, I really can't go a day without having sweets (yes, meaning more than one sweet).

Honestly, I bet if I quit eating sweets, I'd lose 10-15 pounds in a matter of weeks. So sad...

Now, I do have some perspective. I'm not overweight right now and I look totally fine (or whatever). But, it's not like I can get away with this forever...my butt is already ticked!

So, I have no grand plan, other than to put it out there to you all...that I need to at least try to be better!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the sweets! I absolutely love them. A personal trainer of mine told me a long time ago that you body craves what it has. When you stop - cold turkey - eating something, your body will slowly stop craving it. So if you really want to stop the sweets habit (I don't, I derive far too much joy from it), I would suggest getting rid of all sweets. And that would include "diet" version of sweets, like Weight Watcher desserts, because those just remind the body of what it wants. Free advice... worth what you paid for it. I, however, am still committed to eating ice cream at least twice a week. :)
    http://simplysolo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete