Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving (a day late) to all of my readers! I hope you all stuffed your faces and shopped 'til you dropped today.

I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my family this year. I started the tradition a few years ago, and I think we've had some pretty good Thanksgivings (if I do say so myself). This means I do all the cooking. Yep, you read that right...I do ALL of the cooking! I had never even attempted to cook a turkey until a few years ago.

I am definitely more of a baker than a cook, but it's really fun to try and put the meal together and figure out the timing. Everything tasted pretty good and I was sufficiently stuffed!

My brother's kids are such a joy and it's always fun to spend time with them. We went online and looked at potential Christmas gifts I could get them. They are adorable!!!

I ventured out today, to try and score some Black Friday deals. I was able to get almost everything on my wish list. It was so nice to come home, check out my goodies, and then take a nap. I've spent the day just hanging around the house (eating leftovers), with no real schedule/plan. It has been, in a word, AWESOME!

It's days like today, where I really can appreciate being single. While I would love to have my own hubby and kids, I'm aware that a quiet day like today wouldn't have been possible if I had that.

I'm thankful for so many things, but just to name a few:

Health - I love to run and I honestly feel so fortunate that God has blessed me with a healthy body that CAN run. I know the gift that that is!

Nieces & Nephews - They bring a joy to my life that I can't quite express. I love my special relationship with each of them and am SO lucky to have them.

Job - In this economy, I'm lucky to have decent stability at my job (where layoffs are a regular occurrence). So, whenever I want to complain about my work, I stop myself, knowing how lucky I am.

Home - I have a roof over my head! As the weather gets colder, I appreciate this fact more and more.

Friends - I have so many wonderful friends, from all stages of my life! I feel so blessed to know each and every one of them and to know they have my back. We may not always agree, but we do always love and support one another.

Hope you all have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment