Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To cut or not to cut...

I feel I'm at a crossroads with my hair. I am thisclose to making a major change.

Since this blog is pretty anonymous, I won't go into great detail. But, in short, I have long, naturally curly, very thick hair.

For as long as I can remember, I've hated my hair while others say, "I'd kill for your hair," "your hair is SO pretty," "I wish I had hair like yours." While compliments are nice, they're hard to accept when you want to chop it all off!

People have even said it would be a shame to cut something that is such an asset. Well, I guess I don't really want to keep my hair long, just to please everyone who likes it. :-)

The problem is, my hair is so thick/curly, that I can't just cut it to chin length - without creating a beautiful triangle.

I'm at the point where I'm going to either leave it as is (yawn, boring!) or chop it off (super drastic).

My stylist has told me I can do short (based on my face and head size?) and several friends agree. The bonus would be that I could donate my hair to Locks of Love, which is a great charity. And, hair grows back (in my case, incredibly fast)!

A few of the cons I've been told:

1) Men don't like women with short hair
2) I'll look older

I'm not worried about con #2, since I look slightly younger than my age right now.

But, what about con #1? Is this true? I wouldn't say I've snagged a man with my long hair, so I'd hate to not cut it, just in case. I would hope that I don't have to leave my hair long, so guys will be attracted to me. But, I also don't want to make the dating world more difficult than it already is.

I'd like input from my readers. Thoughts? I've put a picture below of the style I'm thinking of doing.

Feel free to be honest, I'm looking for advice!


1 comment:

  1. My hair is blond, thick and naturally wavy, and I usually keep it cut to shoulder-length (with layers.) This past December, my hair stylist came up with this idea for me to grow it very long ("beachy, wavy, sexy hair" is what she said exactly) and with that image in mind, I said why not! And let me tell you, it is such a man magnet! I have had so many guys that I've dated since (and on the street) tell me how much they love it. Now that it's summer, and humid, I really want to cut it because I don't think I've ever had it this long before, but then I keep thinking "beachy, wavy, sexy" and stop myself and just get it trimmed. Because of this, I say don't cut it, but maybe you can just get some extra layers chopped in to add some oomph and mix it up?

    Oh, and I know the "triangle" cut - that was me all through 9th grade! Not cute...

    ReplyDelete