Wednesday, October 30, 2013

More babies...

So, I was on Facebook yesterday and happened to come across some family photos of a FB friend.  Now, I've known this guy since college...totally had a crush on him.  And we reconnected again 5 or 6 years ago.

I remember he was dating a girl (now his wife), but that things were a bit rocky.  And then we were all at a wedding and they seemed rockier.  Well...they, of course, ended up getting married.  And then they got pregnant.  And then they had a baby. 

And what do I see in the family photos?  She's pregnant with baby #2!!!!  Yippeee!

I don't begrudge them, or anyone else, that happiness.  But, it kills me that they were, at one time, on rocky ground - and now everything's worked out. 

Or someone else I know who got pregnant with baby #2, and miscarried - which is AWFUL.  And then was worried about getting pregnant again.  Well, she did.  And she's had the baby.  Yes, I'm VERY happy she was able to get pregnant again and then have a healthy pregnancy and baby.  I'm not evil. 

But, all of this to say that it seems like other people around me have a struggle...and then things still work out.  Me?  I've been struggling with this whole single/no kids thing forever.  Does it ever change?  Does it ever get better?  NO.

Not sure what I did to deserve this load of crap, but I guess it seems unfair to me.  And yes, I know life isn't fair.  But this is so fricking sucky. 

2 comments:

  1. It does suck. I consider myself to be a good person, not perfect, but good. I've never been that girl, the one that gets her happy ending, the guy, good karma...no, I instead get everything else. It's so frustrating because like you, it just seems like I'm in this never-ending deja-vu. I don't get anywhere, I stay where I am. On the other hand, everyone else is progressing, going forward. Even my ex boyfriends! Most of them are now married or with someone that makes them happy. And then there's me. Bleh. I know I sound like I'm negative or envious. And party of me is envious. But I just don't get it either. So, you're not alone, friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual, I totally agree! Boo to this whole stupid situation!

      Delete