Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Match.com/online dating...

OK, I've been incredibly bored at work lately, so I messed around on Match yesterday.  I must have created a profile a LONG time ago, but I've never actually subscribed/paid.  So, it's pretty much been dormant. 

I updated some things, added some pics, but still didn't subscribe.  Since all of that, I have received 14 emails/notifications from Match, letting me know that someone either winked at me, made me their favorite, sent me a message, etc. 

Of course, I can't view any of those things unless I subscribe.  I'm so NOT into online dating and really hate to pay for it.  Especially when so many of my fellow bloggers have given it a fair shot and haven't had good luck. 

And, when someone whose screen name is "Brainsandbrawn4u" winks at you...that doesn't really make you want to jump on the bandwagon. 

I probably sound stuck up, but seriously, if that is the name you came up with, I don't think we'll be talking.  How does one come up with that as their name?

All of that said, I'm debating whether to subscribe for a 6 month term.  I'm very hesitant to do it.  And yes, I realize it would get more dates going than what I currently have (zero), but I've heard many nightmare stories.  And, based on what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed. 

What to do... 

1 comment:

  1. Eh, do the three month instead. Try it out. I personally have not had any luck on that site. Beware of the spam profiles. It happens. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete