Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Speed racer...

My whole life, I've been a fast walker. I'm not bragging. I'm just saying that I walk with a purpose and don't mess around. I've been asked these questions numerous times -

"Are you in a hurry?"
"Are you running late?"
"Are you in a race?"
"Can you slow down? I can't keep up with you!"

Honestly, I usually think people are crazy when they say these things. I don't think I'm walking that fast, and I'm rarely doing it because I'm in a hurry. I'm just walking, people.

But lately, it occurs to me that either I'm incredibly fast or other people are unbelievably slow walkers. Like, painfully slow. Like, I'd like to push you down so I can get by right now, slow. Just kidding, I'd never push someone...I promise.

I'm tall, so, I'll go with the "you have long legs and can go faster" argument, to a point. But seriously, do people really walk/get around this slowly? I can't handle it.

I got off the elevator at work today, behind another person on my floor. The 3 foot walk to her desk took SO long. I was behind her and it was killing me to wait, so I could get past her.

It then occurred to me that maybe people who walk this slow (I'm talking about average, healthy people) do other things slow...like their jobs? Again, I'm no rock star amazing gal, but I do good, efficient work. And I'm always amazed at how lackadaisical others are. What takes me an hour, might take them 6 hours. And we've had the same amount of training.

Everyone's brains work differently, I get that. But I think some people just sort of shuffle through their lives/jobs, with no sense of progressing forward.

It's either that...or I'm incredibly cranky and impatient...and don't want to wait behind these slow walkers!

2 comments:

  1. If you think the average person walks slow- and you're right they do, shopping centres have me ducking and weaving around them all- try working in a school! The average student has a glacial-like shuffle. I swear- I want to get to class on time but I'm surprised that ANY of them do. Paint dries quicker.
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Josie - I know! What is the deal? Even if you're not in a hurry, you can't go ANY faster? Glad someone else knows what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete