Thursday, February 6, 2014

PDA. It's gross.

So, I went to a Super Bowl party for work.  Now, I don't care about the Super Bowl.  At all.  And, I really hate going anywhere on a Sunday night.  But...

The party itself was fine, even though people were allowed to bring spouses/significant others, so there were a lot of couples.  I realize the world isn't "out to get me" whenever I'm at a couples party, but still.  It sucks to feel like the loser who STILL doesn't have a significant other...even if no one else is thinking that. 

Most of the couples were fine, but there was one couple whose PDA was just too fricking much.  I mean, seriously.  At one point, I almost started counting the different things were doing...but quickly realized I might not be able to count that high. 

Let me list the PDA I witnessed:
  • Grabbing/patting each other's butts
  • Kissing on the lips
  • Kissing on the cheek
  • Sitting in folding chairs next to one another and the girl puts her legs over the guy's
  • Arms around each other
  • Nuzzling
  • Close talking
  • Giggling flirtatiously
  • Touching

I'd like to tell you that I noticed all of this because I'm a bitter, single, old lady.  But I can't tell you that.  All I can tell you is that behavior would bother me no matter what.

Now, I'm fine with general PDA.  Ya know, the guy maybe gives his gal a quick peck on the cheek or whatever.  Or they both put their arms around each other at some point.  Obviously, that is normal.  And I'd do that with my significant other (if I had one) at a party. 

But, when it's as excessive as the list I wrote above, and constant, I think it's just over the top.  Couples that do this, in my opinion, are trying to prove something.  I'm not sure what...but they want us to know they are deliriously happy and a COUPLE.  I guess, I think, that if you're truly happy/secure in your relationship, you don't need to do all of that, IN PUBLIC.  In your private time?  GO FOR IT. 

And before you say, "Oh, but they've only been dating a couple months...," don't.  This couple has now been dating for at least a year and living together for a bit, too.  So, it's no longer a new thing.

Anyway, that was super annoying to witness and not easy to get away from.  I've asked my married friends about it and they all reacted the same way I did...so at least I know I'm not crazy.  Right?      

No comments:

Post a Comment